- 1.8 -2 kg Yukon Potatoes (better mashed potato, potato)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
- ½ cup half milk and half cream (room temp)
- salt (to taste ~ roughly 1 tbsp)
- pepper (to taste ~roughly ½ tsp)
- Place potatoes into cold pot. Cover w/ water and add a big pinch salt (water should taste salty)
- Bring potatoes to boil then immediately reduce down to medium simmer for 12-15 minutes or until a knife cleanly enters into potato and potato doesn't stick
- Drain potatoes, return to pot and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes to dry out potatoes from cooking moisture
- Once potatoes are dry, puree them with potato masher/ricer or with wooden spoon and the side of the pan
- Once pureed add butter and half and half in 3 installments, using a spoon to gently combine. **Note** - on the last installment add salt and pepper to mix into potatoes.
- Taste and add more salt/pepper as needed and if the potatoes are a bit sticky/gluey and not fluffy add a bit butter/half and half in small quantities and work through gently.
- Serve immediately or cover and put into oven at low temp to keep warm.
- Add Hot Sauce in your mashed potato!